Excellent, down by another half pound! My expectations were low since I was sick for half the week and didn't move at all, let alone exercise, so I'm especially happy.
A few random bullet points:
- Today, I wore another pair of pants that a year ago I couldn't even zip up. I think they were maybe borderline too tight in some places, but the waistline fit great and I was too excited not to wear them. "Why, these old thing that look like generic black slacks? Yes, they are part of this magical day!"
- I've been putting the scale away during the week and just checking in on Wednesdays. I think it's much better for now. It forces me to not focus on the number because you can't focus on what you don't know. I do still like to check in weekly, but those daily reminders were helping more than hurting.
- I have six weeks left until my time goal to hit the 160s. Maybe I can actually do this!
- I was crazy sore yesterday. Is that what happens when you don't walk farther than the distance between your bedroom and the kitchen for four days, and then do some strength training and cardio?
- We've starting watching Star Trek (though Jay has already seen most of them) and it's awesome.
- I'm glad everyone is obsessed with Serial because there's many fascinating analyses to read.
- I just realized I have 69 posts from 2014. Totally an accident - even my unconscious mind is in the gutter.
- Winter is here. Everything is cold. I hate it.
- My father-in-law lives in LA, and he likes to mock us by sending photos of his wife and himself on warm sunny bike rides on the beach.